Pages

8.23.2011

strangers


I often wonder if the people who have a presence in my life today, were once strangers I've encountered a time before. 

Two years ago, I documented a women's homeless shelter and attempted to communicate what I observed through the lens of a 35mm camera and film. I met people I never would have encountered in my natural environment and captured some great moments though it was rare RARE.

I met a woman. She was quite large in stature. Along with her dreadlocks, her jewelry made her memorable. Her spirituality captivated me, so I took a photo (shown below is a poor photo taken on camera of the actual print displayed at the exhibit). Oddly enough, as we were on the way to Target this weekend, I saw her standing on the street with a bag. 


So it made me think.

No comments:

Post a Comment